Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great, simple curry, with only a little bite!
- 4 small onions, peeled and cut into eighths
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 (2 lb) fryer chickens (legs, wings or thighs) or 2 (2 lb) chicken parts (legs, wings or thighs)
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- Cook onions, garlic and butter on medium heat until onions are soft and yellow.
- Stir in curry, chili powder and salt.
- Add 2 cups of the coconut milk.
- Add the chicken and the potatoes.
- Cover tightly and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender.
- Add remaining 1 cup of coconut milk and chopped peanuts.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then serve on Basmati rice!
- PS-You could easily use cut up chicken breasts, just watch the cooking time so they don't get too dry!
Absolute comfort food! Really yummy. It also makes lots of sauce & was wonderful over rice & veg. I also used 1/2 chilli powder due to younger family and it was nicely warm for our tastes. Great recipe! This is the last of 3 made for PAC 2011
Delicious! I was trying to cut back the recipe a little, but ended up just making the whole thing. So my bf and I have been eating it all week. But, hey, we sure don't mind. I didn't know what kind of onion or potato to use, so I just kept it common. I used small red onions and regular Russett, but I think you could get away with a smaller potatoes too. Serving 6 - so this makes a lot. Very tasty, thank you! Chnang na! heeehee