Recipe by Gato Volando
This is a variation on Mirjam's Fettuccini Alfonso #19918. I thought it would work well as a curry and this is one of the variations I've tried. I used a hot Punjabi curry, about 2 1/2 tablespoons. I have also made it with milder curry but three times the ginger, which I liked as well.
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 -3 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first eight ingredients (corn to corn starch) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Cook onion until it is soft and translucent.
- Add ginger and cook briefly, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and brown for about 5 minutes.
- Add sauce and peas.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Serve over rice.
- For a thinner sauce leave out the cornstarch.
- For a vegetarian version, substitute seitan, tempeh or soy meat substitute for the chicken.