Recipe by sweetlilcook
My mom gave this recipe to me when I first moved away from home. It made me think of her and being in the kitchen when she made it.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 chicken breasts, with bone or 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 cups milk (may use coconut)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot boil chicken until done. Pour chicken broth in a bowl and set chicken aside. In same pot combine celery, onion, butter, and minced garlic. Next add the cornstarch(flour), and curry powder. Cut up the chicken and add to mix along with 2 cups chicken broth and the milk. Let that all cook for about 25 minutes on medium low to medium setting. Lastly add the mushrooms and let the mix thicken.
- Serve over white or brown rice and enjoy.