Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
delicious chicken curry great for gatherings.
- 1 roasting chicken, cut into servings (or about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 3 -4 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 pieces bok choy
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- saute garlic, onion and ginger in medium high.
- add chicken and stir
- cover for about 5 minutes.
- add fish sauce and cover for another 5 minutes or until chicken absorbed fish sauce.
- add curry powder and turmeric and stir till you smell the curry.
- adjust heat to medium then add water and red bell pepper.
- cover for about 10 minutes.
- add coconut milk and bok choy and cover for another 5 minutes or until bok choy and chicken is tender.
- Note - chicken may also be substituted with pork, lechon, tilapia or beef.
Nice recipe, i love cooking Filipino recipes for my hubby, who is Filipino. I will need a bigger pot for next time, it makes quite a lot!