Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A fairly simple curry from the Chicago Tribune 9/29/94.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch chili flakes (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cubed 3/4 inch
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow peppers or 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- 5 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- chopped cilantro (garnish) or parsley (garnish)
- cooked rice
- Toss chicken pieces in flour, salt, pepper & chili flakes.
- Heat 2 1/2 T oil in dutch oven or large skillet.
- Brown chicken well.
- Add red pepper, onion, apple, curry.
- Add oil if needed.
- Reduce heat; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is soft & transparent.
- Combine stock & tomato paste& add to chicken.
- Add raisins; simmer, stirring occasionally,until chicken is cooked& sauce thick, about 25 minutes.
- Can be served with chutney, chopped peanuts or almonds, scallions.
I wish I could rate this higher than 5 stars! This was easy to prepare and so yummy!! I certainly will make this again!
Good foundation but it was missing something. I am not sure what...It was not good.
I had some leftover dry pork roast, didn't have an apple or pepper, but the sauce is excellent. Served over brown rice.