Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is fabulous! It taste like it came from a restaurant and was very easy to make!
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 8 teaspoons curry
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 7 -8 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup green apple, peeled & diced
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Mix together first 5 ingredients.
- Saute onion and apple in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour mixture.
- Slowly stir in broth & milk.
- Cook, stirring often until thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite sized pieces and cook.
- In another skillet melt 2 Tbsp butter and saute mushrooms.
- Add mushrooms, lemon juice and chicken to curry sauce.
- Serve with rice.
Amazing!! I made it so it was 2 servings instead of 8. It tastes just like jarred curry sauce but much cheaper. If you don't like things too spicy, put in half the curry. I subbed potatoes for the apples and mushrooms simply because that's all I had. Definitely on my top 10 list!! For a healthier option, bake the chicken halfway in water at 375F for 35 minutes or until done.