Recipe by Perfect Pixie
I made a curry a couple of weeks ago which was dreadful and ended out like rice and chicken. I found this recipe in a magazine and it is fantastic. Apparently, it was out of a recipe book called "The Alcoholic Cook Book". It is no longer published, but I made this tonight and it was to die for--a very mild yummy creamy curry!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 50 g butter
- 3 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (rounded tablespoon)
- 6 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 glass brandy
- 1 (284 ml) carton double cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in a large, deep, lidded frying pan.
- Stir in the onions, cover and cook gently for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on top, sprinkle with a little salt and cover.
- Cook over a low heat for 20-25 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
- Pour in the brandy and bubble for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and heat through.
- Serve with rice or new potatoes.