1/1 Photo of Chicken Curry
Perfect Pixie's Note:
I made a curry a couple of weeks ago which was dreadful and ended out like rice and chicken. I found this recipe in a magazine and it is fantastic. Apparently, it was out of a recipe book called "The Alcoholic Cook Book". It is no longer published, but I made this tonight and it was to die for--a very mild yummy creamy curry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil and butter in a large, deep, lidded frying pan.
- 2Stir in the onions, cover and cook gently for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- 3Stir in the curry powder and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 4Arrange the chicken breasts on top, sprinkle with a little salt and cover.
- 5Cook over a low heat for 20-25 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
- 6Pour in the brandy and bubble for 5 minutes.
- 7Add the cream and heat through.
- 8Serve with rice or new potatoes.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 930.0
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.7 g
- Saturated Fat 25.6 g
- Cholesterol 331.2 mg
- Sodium 332.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 84.2 g