Recipe by jas kaur
This recipe is from a very famous road side eating joint in Connaught Place, the heart of New Delhi (India). It's delicious!
Top Review by Nasseh
I cooked this in my tagine. The only change I made was too leave out the fennel because I didn't have any. The final result was very delicious. I will definitely be making again. Made for Fall PAC 2008
- 1 chicken (cut into 8 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ground onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kashmiri chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons roasted ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3 large tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves
- 2 large cardamoms
- 350 ml water or 350 ml stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the chicken in hot oil for 5 minutes to seal. Remove from pan.
- In the same oil, saute onions until golden brown in color. Add the chilli powder, fennel seeds and ginger powder. Stir well and season with salt.
- Add tomatoes to the pan. Stir in cloves and cardamoms. Cook for 5 minutes before adding water/ stock. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer over a gentle flame until tender.
- Serve hot with paranthas n onion salad.