Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from a very famous road side eating joint in Connaught Place, the heart of New Delhi (India). It's delicious!
- Fry the chicken in hot oil for 5 minutes to seal. Remove from pan.
- In the same oil, saute onions until golden brown in color. Add the chilli powder, fennel seeds and ginger powder. Stir well and season with salt.
- Add tomatoes to the pan. Stir in cloves and cardamoms. Cook for 5 minutes before adding water/ stock. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer over a gentle flame until tender.
- Serve hot with paranthas n onion salad.
I cooked this in my tagine. The only change I made was too leave out the fennel because I didn't have any. The final result was very delicious. I will definitely be making again. Made for Fall PAC 2008
At first, I was reluctant to review this as I did make some changes, but this was a tasty dish and I will definitely make it again. I used oil for health reasons, and since I didn't know where to get kashmiri chili, I used the "regular" chili that I had. I used fennel seeds in place of the "ground fennel". In spite of the above changes, this was a dish that is going to be made again. I have made other chicken curries, and this one is quite different but very good.