Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My boyfriend's sister made this last Sunday night. It was so good we requested the recipe.
Make and share this Chicken Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed (about 1.5 lbs.)
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- sliced green onion
- shredded coconut
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Cover with onions and sweet potatoes.
- Combine orange juice, garlic, chicken bouillon granules, salt, pepper, and curry powder. Pour over vegetables.
- Cover. Cook on Low 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and vegetables and keep warm.
- Turn slow cooker to High. Dissolve cornstarch in cold water. Stir into sauce in slow cooker. Cover. Cook on High 15-20 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Sprinkle with your choice of toppings.
We really enjoyed this recipe - the chicken was super tender and the sweet potatoes were delicious. It did not have a strong curry taste (perhaps because I used a medium curry powder), but it was good nonetheless. I did not thicken the sauce - just used the chicken and sweet potatoes as they came from the crockpot. I served the rice on the side, but it wasn't really necessary since we had the sweet potatoes. I think next time I'll put extra sweet potatoes in and omit the rice altogether. Thanks for sharing this recipe!