Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you add cooked cubed potatoes and vegetables towards the end of cooking, you can make this into a complete meal. I use the leftover sauce with white rice the following day. I saute the uncooked rice with a little olive oil, then add the sauce and some water and simmer in a covered pan until the liquid is absorbed.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- white rice
- Saute chicken pieces in butter until golden brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In same pan, gently saute onions, garlic and all remaining condiments for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Place chicken parts in sauce. Add hot water and heavy cream. Simmer until chicken is tender and sauce is reduced to about half the original amount.
- Serve over white rice.
This is the first Indian recipe I have ever tried. I like it and the yellow color was very appealing to my fussy 5 year old. She even asked for seconds.
This was good though the flavors were a little too mild for me. I also didn't like the taste of the chicken of I used. I added sweet potatoes, eggplant, and peppers to it and like the tast of the sauce on the veggies bu I thought the chicken had a funny tastes. Though it was probably mre do to the brand I used not the recipe itself I'm only giving 4 stars.
This was really good although it seemed more Indian style than Asian-style. I didn't change a thing and served over white rice. Thanks for sharing!