Recipe by Danine
This recipe is different from typical chicken curry recipes-it doesn't use any yogurt or tomatoes-simply spices, adopted from a Pakistan fried...delicious.
Top Review by Brian J.
This was very good. I made my own curry powder so I dunno if that changed anything. I halved it and was a bit worried the chicken would turn out dry, but it came out perfect. I'm making it again right now, but I'm adding potatoes and 'maybe' a tomato. Just because I have them though! This recipe is fine as is.
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 -4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup diced white onions or 1⁄4 cup yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 4 -5 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- brown all spices, onion and green pepper in oil.
- add chicken to spice/oil mixture.
- lightly brown chicken.
- add chicken broth
- cover pan for approximately 20 minutes (or until broth is absorbed).
- serve warm with flour tortillas or rice.