Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
my family loves chicken and this is one of the recipes we like to make with it. this eaten preferreably with steamed rice. measurements on salt or fish sauce can be changed according to your taste.
- 1⁄2 kg chicken
- 2 cups coconut oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, cut into strips
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce or 6 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup potato, cut into large cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green chili pepper (optional)
- heat pan then add oil.
- saute onion and ginger then add fish sauce.
- add chicken, potatoes, coconut milk and water.
- cook for 15 min or until chicken is tender.
- if there's no fish sauce add salt and pepper.
- add in red bell pepper and green chili simmer for 3-5 minute.
- allow sauce to thicken.
- serve over hot rice.