Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 cup chicken mixture and 1/2 c. couscous. Per serving: 318 calories, 5.8 g fat, 33.8 g protein, 3.4 g fiber, 66 mg cholesterol.
Top Review by boerbabe
It was good, but I agree with one of the other reviewers- the cayenne was very bold and forward, but after that the flavor was kind of lacking. Definitely going to try half the pepper and twice the curry powder next time.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cooked couscous
Directions See How It's Made
- Let the oil get heated in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- ADd in onions and garlic; stir/saute for 4 minuts or until onion is tender.
- Add in chicken; cook/stir for 4 minutes.
- Add in curry powder and marjoram; cook 1 minute.
- Add in tomato, broth, and pepper; lower heat and simmer 15 minutes; remove from heat.
- Mix together the yogurt and flour; stir with a whisk.
- Add to chicken mixture.
- Cook 1 minute or until slightly thick.
- Serve mixture over couscous; sprinkle raisins on top.