Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have made these many times for large gatherings everyone really loves them and there is never any left, the sandwiches may be made up to 24 hours in advance covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated, this makes a huge amount of sandwiches you may reduce amounts to half if desired.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (reduced fat is okay, do not use fat-free)
- 3 cups finely diced cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup peeled seeded and diced cucumber
- 3 celery ribs, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 6 green onions, chopped small
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 84 slices fresh white bread or 84 slices whole wheat bread
- In a medium size bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese and the mayo until well blended (I use a whisk).
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the chicken and the next 7 ingredients.
- Cover and chill the filling for 4-24 hours.
- When ready to prepare the sandwiches after the 4-24 hour chilling time cut the crusts off of the bread slices.
- Using cookie cutters, or assorted metal shaped cutters (medium-size round biscuit cutters work great too), cut the bread slices into desired shapes.
- Spread half of the bread shapes with the chicken mixture, and top with the matching shape.
- Roll the sandwich edges in chopped fresh parsley if desired.
- Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap until ready to use.
These are delicious! I followed the recipe as written and used cookie cutters for shapes. Definitely a hit.
I actually left out the celery (on purpose) and the cucumber (on accident) and they were still a huge hit! I made these for my son's first birthday party (mostly adults) and I had people fighting over who got to take home the leftovers. I even left the chicken out and added zucchini for a yummy vegetarian version. I will absolutely make this again!
I really enjoyed this, the rest of my family wasn't as fond of it as I was. My Dh didn't like the crunch from the cucumber and celery. I didn't use red bell pepper as I didn't have any. We made the sandwiches for a tea party for my kids and they loved the whole idea.