Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very easy recipe to make. If you are serving only 2 people, you can either cut all of the ingredients in half, or you can freeze the leftover 2 chicken breasts with the leftover sauce. If you are freezing leftover breasts and sauce, when you defrost them and are ready to heat them, I would make another cup of the crushed crackers with some butter to again sprinkle the top before heating. NOTE: This is very low in carbs & zero in sugars, which makes this excellent for people who are DIABETIC.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken soup)
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups Ritz crackers (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix sour cream and soup along with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt the butter and mix in the cracker crumbs.
- In a greased baking dish or a baking dish greased with a non-stick spray such as Pam, place the chicken breasts.
- Pour the soup mixture over the chicken breasts.
- On top of the breasts, sprinkle the crushed cracker crumb mixture.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven 45 minutes.