Recipe by Aunty Dotty
From the Gourmet Traveller website. Haven't done this yet but fully intend to!
- 400 g skinless chicken breasts (about 2)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 300 g arrowroot
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- sumaq, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Butterfly the breasts and place a piece between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using a mallet, pound out to 3mm thick. Repeat with all pieces.
- Tightly roll each piece and cut into 5mm widths. Put into a bowl and add fish sauce to coat, then dust in arrowroot - shake off the excess in a sieve.
- Heat oil in deep frypan and add chicken in batches. Deep fry for 2 mins or til crisp.
- Dust with sumac and serve straightaway with a good garlic aioli.