Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Save us from a world of processed chicken nuggets! One bite of these and everyone is in heaven. One very important note; do not use cornflake crumbs in this recipe as the texture is just important as the taste.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded thin)
- 6 cups corn flakes cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1 3⁄4 cups hellman's light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard (or 2 of dijon)
- cayenne pepper
- garlic powder
- salt (if not using kosher chicken)
- Flatten chicken breasts, rinse well.
- Cut into nugget sized pieces.
- Add several tablespoons of flour to chicken (so that mayonnaise will adhere well) and mix.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, chives, and seasonings in a bowl according to personal taste.
- Dip chicken into mayonnaise coating well and then coat well with cornflakes.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet (can use foil but it'll stick) leaving a little room between pieces.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes in a 400 oven.
- Remove foil and continue baking until crispy but not dark brown (or will taste very dry).