Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the 1990 Celebrate Minnesota Cookbook, submitted by members of the Lyle 1990 Celebration.
- 3 cups chicken or 3 cups turkey
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup or 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cashews or 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- Saute onions and celery in butter until tender.
- Mix all ingredients together, reserving a few nuts and noodles for the top.
- Bake in 9" x 13" pan in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
My kids love this and request it often.
This was good, but we found it to be very bland. Used 1 can cream of celery and 1 can cream of mushroom and cashews. Followed the recipe exactly.