Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My son loves this casserole and can almost eat the whole dish! This recipe came from the Cotton Country recipe book from Louisiana and has been a family favorite for years.
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (3 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄3 cup toasted almond
- Blend broth, milk and soup together in a greased 2 quart casserole.
- Fold in chicken, water chestnuts, chow mein noodles, celery and onions.
- Mix well.
- Top with almonds and bake at 325 for 40 minutes.
True "comfort food". So quick and easy to make...soooooo good to eat. I didn't have two cans of cream of mushroom soup on hand so I used a can of cream of celery along with one can of cream of mushroom soup. I'm like your son, I could have practically eaten all this myself :) Thank you for sharing this!