Recipe by Pixie's Kitchen
This is taken from their recipe cards that they are handing out when this dish is ordered. I haven't had it yet but my husband and I are dying to try it. They also put a wine recommendation on the card as well. Wine Pairing Recommendation: Bertani Due Uve
Top Review by Scandigirl
I made the recipe for 8 guests, and found it real good, I will make it again. However it is too much Potato Crust, so I cut it down as I could see it would be soggy if I didn't. I will make it again.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced roasted garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup roma tomato, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Potato Crust ingredients
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Potato Crust Preparation:.
- -- Using a spoon, thoroughly mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- -- Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- Chicken Crostina Preparation:.
- -- In a shallow dish, mix 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Dredge chicken breasts in the mixture, shaking off any excess.
- -- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken breasts two at a time over medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp, add more olive oil for each batch as necessary.
- -- Place cooked chicken breast on a baking sheet or dish and top with the potato crust mixture. Transfer the baking sheet to a pre-heated broiler until golden brown (1-2 minutes).
- -- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- -- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a sauce pan. Add roasted garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in 1 tablespoon of flour and white wine and bring to a boil. Add heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon of parsley and tomatoes. The sauce is done when it is bubbling throughout and has started to thicken.
- -- Coat pasta with sauce, then top with chicken and remaining sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley.