Recipe by Pixie's Kitchen
This is taken from their recipe cards that they are handing out when this dish is ordered. I haven't had it yet but my husband and I are dying to try it. They also put a wine recommendation on the card as well. Wine Pairing Recommendation: Bertani Due Uve
Top Review by Scandigirl
I made the recipe for 8 guests, and found it real good, I will make it again. However it is too much Potato Crust, so I cut it down as I could see it would be soggy if I didn't. I will make it again.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 473.18 ml flour
- 14.79 ml flour
- 14.79 ml salt
- 14.79 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 14.79 ml minced roasted garlic
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 354.88 ml heavy cream
- 73.94 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 453.59 g linguine
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 236.59 ml roma tomato, cored and diced
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
Potato Crust ingredients
- 354.88 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and grated
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Potato Crust Preparation:.
- -- Using a spoon, thoroughly mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- -- Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- Chicken Crostina Preparation:.
- -- In a shallow dish, mix 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Dredge chicken breasts in the mixture, shaking off any excess.
- -- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken breasts two at a time over medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp, add more olive oil for each batch as necessary.
- -- Place cooked chicken breast on a baking sheet or dish and top with the potato crust mixture. Transfer the baking sheet to a pre-heated broiler until golden brown (1-2 minutes).
- -- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- -- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a sauce pan. Add roasted garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in 1 tablespoon of flour and white wine and bring to a boil. Add heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon of parsley and tomatoes. The sauce is done when it is bubbling throughout and has started to thicken.
- -- Coat pasta with sauce, then top with chicken and remaining sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley.