Creole cookin''s Note:
the recipe for that popular Italian eatery's new chicken dish....it's delicious! 5/5/07- here's a secret to getting the bread crumb mixture closer to the O Garden-- use panko bread crumbs mixed with 2 tbs of Italian seasoning and believe it or not- Potato Stix that you can find in the chip aisle. Omit grated potato and Italian bread crumbs when using these alternate ingredients This will give a closer result to the topping used in the popular eatery and will brown more evenly and crispier than the listed ingredients. Happy Eating!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup roma tomato, cored & diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1MIX all ingredients for Potato Crust in a bowl and set aside.
- 2MIX 1 ½ cups flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off any excess. Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken breasts 2 at a time over medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F Add more oil for each batch as necessary.
- 3PLACE cooked chicken breasts on a baking sheet or dish and top with potato crust mixture. Transfer baking sheet to a pre-heated broiler until golden brown (1-2 minutes).
- 4COOK pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 5HEAT 2 Tbsp oil in a sauce pan. Add roasted garlic, cook for 1 minute. Stir in 1 Tbsp of flour and wine and bring to a boil. Add cream, parmesan cheese, 1 Tbsp parsley, and tomatoes. Sauce is done when it is bubbling throughout and begins to thicken.
- 6COAT pasta with sauce, then top with chicken and remaining sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Crostina
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1212.0
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 188.9 mg
- Sodium 2175.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 56.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: