Recipe by Creole cookin'
the recipe for that popular Italian eatery's new chicken dish....it's delicious! 5/5/07- here's a secret to getting the bread crumb mixture closer to the O Garden-- use panko bread crumbs mixed with 2 tbs of Italian seasoning and believe it or not- Potato Stix that you can find in the chip aisle. Omit grated potato and Italian bread crumbs when using these alternate ingredients This will give a closer result to the topping used in the popular eatery and will brown more evenly and crispier than the listed ingredients. Happy Eating!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup roma tomato, cored & diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled & grated
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- MIX all ingredients for Potato Crust in a bowl and set aside.
- MIX 1 ½ cups flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off any excess. Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken breasts 2 at a time over medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F Add more oil for each batch as necessary.
- PLACE cooked chicken breasts on a baking sheet or dish and top with potato crust mixture. Transfer baking sheet to a pre-heated broiler until golden brown (1-2 minutes).
- COOK pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- HEAT 2 Tbsp oil in a sauce pan. Add roasted garlic, cook for 1 minute. Stir in 1 Tbsp of flour and wine and bring to a boil. Add cream, parmesan cheese, 1 Tbsp parsley, and tomatoes. Sauce is done when it is bubbling throughout and begins to thicken.
- COAT pasta with sauce, then top with chicken and remaining sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley.