1/1 Photo of Chicken Croquettes With Roasted Pepper Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe combines finely chopped chicken with seasonings which is then shaped into croquettes and baked. Top these tender tidbits with either a piquant tomato sauce, or the roasted pepper sauce given here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large boneless chicken thighs
- 1 slice bread
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, Chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Roasted Pepper Sauce
- 1To Make The Croquettes:
- 2Either finely chop the chicken pieces, parsley and onions, or place in a food processor and pulse.
- 3Tear the slice of bread into pieces and place in a bowl.
- 4Pour the milk over the bread, and let sit a minute or two.
- 5Squeeze the bread of excess milk and place the bread in with the chicken mixture.
- 6Add the remaining ingredients except the bread crumbs, and using your hands mix very well. If the mixture is too soft to form into croquettes, refrigerate one hour.
- 7Shape the croquettes into 3 inch discs or tubes, and roll in the bread crumbs.
- 8Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F. for about 20 to 30 minutes or until they are cooked through and golden brown in color.
- 9To Make The Sauce:.
- 10Place all the sauce ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor.
- 11Pulse a few times until you have a finely chopped mixture.
- 12Do not blend!
- 13Add half the olive oil and pulse.
- 14Check the consistancy of the sauce. It should be thick, but still be loose.
- 15Add the rest of the oil if needed.
- 16Serve the croquettes on individual plates with a spoonful of sauce mixture on top or in a small dish on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Croquettes With Roasted Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.7
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 139.4 mg
- Sodium 565.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 25.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers