I found this recipe in a cookbook from the library. It turned out to be fast and delicious! My family really enjoyed it. I didn't make the sauce because I didn't have the red pepper or the relish. I just served it with spicy mayo on the side. It tasted good without any sauce...so don't think you have to have any but its a nice addition. This works great with the rotisserie chicken you get at the store and also would be good with leftover cooked turkey. Its something different to make after the holidays that is not a casserole. NOTE: If you just have salted saltines,just omit the salt with the egg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml chopped roasted red pepper
- 14.79 ml sweet pickle relish, drained
- 9.85 ml sweet paprika
- 0.25 ml fresh lemon juice
- 0.25 ml cayenne (optional)
- 1Make the sauce: Stir together in a small bowl and set aside.
- 2Make the croquettes: Toss together all the ingredients except crackers and egg.
- 3Crumble the crackers over the mixture making fine crumbs.
- 4Pour egg over all and toss well to combine.
- 5Use 1/3 cup measuring cup to scoop up mixture.
- 6Form oval croquettes about 3" long by 3/4" high by putting mixture between palms of hands and pressing down firmly, but gently.
- 7Heat 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil in a 12" nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 8Add croquettes and cook until golden brown on one side,about 4 minutes.
- 9Turn and cook until the other side turns a light brown and tops are firm, about 2 minutes.
- 10Press down gently with a spatula and add more oil as needed.
- 11Serve immediately with a dollop of sauce.
- 12NOTE: I crushed my crackers in a small ziplock bag before mixing them inches It seemed easier that way. I also got 8 croquettes out of this.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Croquettes
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.7
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 129.0 mg
- Sodium 705.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 25.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning