Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Dark or white skinless cooked chicken will work for this. You will love these! Plan ahead the chicken mixture needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours before shaping and frying. Make certain to finely chop the cooked chicken, if possible use a herb-flavored crouton, make your own or use purchased, you can process the croutons on a food processor if desired, I have made this recipe many times, they are *very* good! :)
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄4 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten (might need one more egg)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed flavored croutons (more if needed, or use seasoned dry breadcrumbs)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium or small skillet melt butter over medium heat; add in onion, garlic and celery (if using) sauté for about 3 minutes or until soft; transfer to a large bowl.
- To the bowl add in cooked chicken, 2 eggs, crushed croutons or breadcrumbs, parsley, seasoned salt and Parmesan cheese; mix to combine (if the mixture is too dry then add in one more egg if too moist add in a small amount more of croutons and mix again).
- Season with black pepper to taste and cayenne (if using).
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Shape into small thin patties and add to oil.
- Fry until golden brown.