Recipe by soxfan28
A friend from work had a dinner party and made these wonderful croissants. The whole group asked for the recipe as we ate these up. These are SO good that you might want to consider doubling as everyone wants seconds!
Top Review by Melissa and Her Pants
This is it! I remember this from my childhood. I made this recipe with reduced-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat crescent rolls, and used Pam instead of butter. I also used red onion as that is what I had. They came out great! Thanks so much for posting, it's a great nostalgic dish.
- 1 (8 count) package Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup crouton, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix shredded chicken, cream cheese, celery, and onion.
- When removing cresent rolls from package, leave together so that two cresent rolls form a square. This will leave you with 4 croissants.
- Put chicken mixture into center.
- Bring up each corner and secure together.
- Dip upside down in melted butter.
- Sprinkle with croutons.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour on a cookie sheet.
- Let set 5 minutes before serving.