Recipe by Perfect Pixie
Can be eating this in 30 minutes. Perfect served with peas and corn or a salad. You could even add the peas and corn to the dish. We used a store brought allready rotisserie chicken
Top Review by AzureLynn
I made this tonight with some adaptations. We don't care for raw(ish) onion and celery in dishes like this - so I opted to lightly saute them in a pan with butter, and then additionally added broth to cook a little longer from the chicken I had boiled. I doubled up on the recipe so I used the entire chicken I had cooked the previous day. (I have a large family of boys.) My husband doesn't like chips in recipes so we omitted that - and for the cheese I used a combo of colby-jack.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 sticks celery, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (light works here to)
- 1⁄2 cup cream (just realised that I forgot this and it was still fantastic)
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 50 g potato chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, celery, almonds, mayonnaise, cream, onion and juice in a large bowl; spoon into shallow heatproof dish.
- Sprinkle with combined cheese and chips.
- Bake in moderate oven about 20 minutes or until browned and crisp (watch carefully as mine only took 15).