Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a good weekend recipe. I got it from Recettes du Quebec. I haven't tried it but on the site someone said the recipe was also good with tuna instead of chicken. The chicken spread can be used with bread or a pita. The use of cream cheese instead of mayonnaise is a good idea.
- 1 (318 g) packageof giant refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (125 g) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut in pieces
- 1⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon green onions or 1 tablespoon chives
- Undo the cream cheese and add the melted butter.
- Mix in the chicken, the salt, the pepper, the milk and the onion.
- Spread the crescent roll dough and put the chicken mixture on top.
- Close the crescents by folding the sides with a fork.
- Cook in the owen on a cookie sheet at 350F (180 C) for 20 minutes.
wow!! this is so delicious!! I lightened the recipe up a bit by using reduced fat crescent rolls and light cream cheese/butter. my chicken was heavily seasoned so I left out the salt/pepper/gren onions. these make a wonderful snack/appetizer, they were especially good right out of the oven. this is a keeper for sure!! thanks for sharing!
I used 6 Tbs butter but omited the milk and I added sauteed mushrooms and yellow onions to the inside mixture. I also discovered that canned chicken gravy and roasted pecans make a great topping.