Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A beautiful dish that so easy to make. Great for just anytime, or precut in smaller pieces for dinner parties as an appetizer.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (4 ounce) cupshredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 2⁄3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped water chestnut
- 1 (5 ounce) can white chicken meat, drained or 3⁄4 cup cubed, cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- Arrange crescent rolls on a 12 inch pizza pan, forming a ring with pointed ends facing the outer edge of pan and wide ends overlapping.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over wide ends of rolls.
- Fold points over filling and tuck under wide ends (filling will be visible).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
I make this all the time and my bf can't get enough. I had to cook 2 to feed him and his dad and brother. It's easy, however, my only recommendation is to use cooked chicken breasts rather than canned, you can poach them from frozen or bake them, it will make it 100% better, I don't like it with the canned, but that's my opinion. This is a keeper for sure.
We loved this but I did change it a little bit. I put in 3 times the amount of broccoli...its a vegetable my kids will eat unlike peppers or water chestnuts. I also used low-fat condensed mushroom soup and low-fat crescent rolls. Still turned out great. My DH says its a keeper. Oh, I also used a bit more chicken so it was pretty stuffed!
This was very good! As recommended from another reviewer, I added some Italian Seasoning and it did add a little more flavor. I sprinkled a few slivered almonds on top just before baking and it came out beautifully. I will be making this again!