Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Classic French Crepe Recipe. It looks complicated, but it is very simple.
Make and share this Chicken Crepes With Creamy Tarragon Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- In a blender combine all the crepe ingredients and blend on high for one minute, refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- While the batter is chilling, prepare the filling.
- In a medium bowl combine all filling ingredients together.
- Spray a nonstick sauté pan with Butter flavored spray.
- Heat pan on medium high heat for one minute.
- Pour a scant 1/4 crepe batter into the pan using a circular motion.
- You will want the crepe to be approximately 6" in diameter.
- Slant the pan to evenly distribute the batter.
- Cook until the crepe is golden- about 1 minute per side.
- Remove and place in between sheets of waxed paper.
- Continue process until you have 6 crepes.
- Place 1/3 cup filling mixture on crepe and roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down in a microwave safe dish.
- Save any additional filling that is left over.
- To Prepare The Sauce: Place flour in a saucepan.
- Gradually add the milk and chicken broth, stirring with a whisk until well blended.
- Stir in tarragon, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add any remaining filling mixture to sauce.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes or until sauce is thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Cover crepes loosely with plastic wrap and microwave on high for approximately 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over crepes and serve.
Tasted good. My family thought it was just okay. I had a difficult time getting the sauce to ever thicken up, trying numerous things. If I make it again, I believe I would put some savory herbs in the crepe batter to make it taste more like 'dinner' and make a thicker sauce using butter and flour, before adding the milk and more seasonings.
Oh My Gosh!!!! I made these and it was awesome, delicious,sensational all rolled into one elegant dinner. The only change that I made was with the sauce I used 1/2 milk and 1/2 cream. The crepes were simple, easy to make and went extremely well with the chicken. I am having card club tonight and they are going to be served this delicious elegant meal. Thanks KelBel
Thought that this was very tasty. I used already prepared crepes, but followed the recipe as written otherwise. The tarragon is a great flavor in the sauce. I also think that this could be made with several variations. Any leftover meats, mushrooms, etc. Very quick and nice. Thanks KelBel.