Recipe by KelBel
Classic French Crepe Recipe. It looks complicated, but it is very simple.
Top Review by JeanieK
Tasted good. My family thought it was just okay. I had a difficult time getting the sauce to ever thicken up, trying numerous things. If I make it again, I believe I would put some savory herbs in the crepe batter to make it taste more like 'dinner' and make a thicker sauce using butter and flour, before adding the milk and more seasonings.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender combine all the crepe ingredients and blend on high for one minute, refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- While the batter is chilling, prepare the filling.
- In a medium bowl combine all filling ingredients together.
- Spray a nonstick sauté pan with Butter flavored spray.
- Heat pan on medium high heat for one minute.
- Pour a scant 1/4 crepe batter into the pan using a circular motion.
- You will want the crepe to be approximately 6" in diameter.
- Slant the pan to evenly distribute the batter.
- Cook until the crepe is golden- about 1 minute per side.
- Remove and place in between sheets of waxed paper.
- Continue process until you have 6 crepes.
- Place 1/3 cup filling mixture on crepe and roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down in a microwave safe dish.
- Save any additional filling that is left over.
- To Prepare The Sauce: Place flour in a saucepan.
- Gradually add the milk and chicken broth, stirring with a whisk until well blended.
- Stir in tarragon, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add any remaining filling mixture to sauce.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes or until sauce is thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Cover crepes loosely with plastic wrap and microwave on high for approximately 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over crepes and serve.