1/1 Photo of Chicken Cream Goulash
This is a very tasty quick and easy dinner. Comfort food good enough for company. Great served over rice or noodles with a green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion (large or 2 medium sliced)
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 roasted red pepper (skinned thinly sliced can also use a small jar store bought)
- 2 tablespoons paprika (sweet)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder or 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1Cut chicken breast into thin strips.
- 2Peel and slice onions.
- 3Wipe mushrooms clean and slice.
- 4Heat oil in a large pan.
- 5Add chicken and lightly brown.
- 6Add onion and mushroom.
- 7Season with paprika, chili powder and salt and saute for 5 minutes.
- 8Remove pan from heat add the broth stirring to deglaze the pan.
- 9Put pan back on heat bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- 10Stir flour into the sour cream.
- 11Taste the goulash to make sure it has enough spice if not then add to your taste.
- 12Add roasted peppers to and sour cream to pan and stir to mix well.
- 13Bring back to boil for about a minute.
- 14Can be served over rice or broad egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cream Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.3
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 102.5 mg
- Sodium 522.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers