Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Seasoned chicken, cream cheese, and onion in a puff pastry. Simple base recipe that is easy to adjust to your liking. I usually boil chicken with a bay leaf, onion salt and garlic salt, then shred it. You may also cube it, buy pre-cooked, etc. This isn't anything fancy and may be too plain for your taste, so I really suggest having fun with it!
- 2 -8 ounces crescent rolls, packages
- 1 1⁄2 cups croutons, seasoned and crushed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups chicken, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- Blend all ingredients EXCEPT chicken and croutons in a mixing bowl, reserving a tablespoon of melted butter for the tops. Add warm cooked chicken. Separate crescent rolls into squares (2 pre-cut rolls make one shell), pushing together the seams. Put a tablespoon of chicken mix in the middle, bring opposite corners of the roll together, twisting the top and pinching the seams. Brush tops with warm melted butter, top with crouton mix. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is done and the tops are golden brown.
These were so good, and easy to make!!! Wouldn't change a thing, followed recipe exactly!
This was very good. My husband said it was a keeper. Even my picky kids who turned their noses up while I was making it went back for seconds.