Recipe by Annacia
This is a creamy enchalada recipe that is mildly spiced. No Scotch Bonnets or even jalapenos here. It's quick to make and great for a week night or lazy weekend.
- 2 cups of pre-cooked rotisserie chicken (or any leftover chicken)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed (low fat is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (fat free ok)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, shredded (Reduced fat doesn't melt as but can be used if you don't mind)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 8 -10 flour tortillas (corn tortillas also work well)
- 1 (20 ounce) can enchilada sauce (red or green)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- De-bone chicken, and shred chicken into small pieces, if you don’t have a rotisserie chicken.
- In a large skillet, combine chicken, cream cheese cubes, sour cream, chilies, chopped onion, seasonings, and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Heat until the cheeses are completely melted.
- Coat baking pan with cooking spray.
- Scoop a heaping spoonful of chicken mixture onto tortilla, roll and place into pan with seam side down, repeat until all of the filling is used.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of enchiladas and bake at 350 uncovered for 20-25 minutes.