Recipe by JohnsCutie
These are rather different enchiladas; my family loves them. They are kind of messy to make, but worth it.
Top Review by Dine & Dish
I followed this recipe exactly, omitting the green chillies (I have small children) and sauteeing the onions first per the prior review. Wonderful!!! My entire family gobbled these up. Easy and delicious!
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 28.34 g package Italian salad dressing mix (I don't really know the size, but it made me put something)
- 0.25 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro or 14.79 ml dried cilantro
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup (or with herbs)
- 297.66 g cancampbells creamy chicken verde soup
- 236.59 ml half-and-half cream
- 236.59 ml chopped green chili (optional)
- 226.79 g shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the chicken and the Italian dressing mix in the crockpot.
- Shred or cube the cooked chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Add the cream cheese, salt and pepper to tase, the minced onion and the cilantro.
- Soften the tortillas using oil, broth, or whatever method you prefer.
- Fill with the chicken-cheese mixture, roll up and place in 9 x 13 pan, seam side down.
- Mix the soups and half-n-half (for this amount, I would use one can of soup and one Celsius half-n-half, but this is the way the recipe came to me)and chilies, if using, and pour over the enchiladas.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until it bubbles.