Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are rather different enchiladas; my family loves them. They are kind of messy to make, but worth it.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix (I don't really know the size, but it made me put something)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro or 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (or with herbs)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbells creamy chicken verde soup
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped green chili (optional)
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- Cook the chicken and the Italian dressing mix in the crockpot.
- Shred or cube the cooked chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Add the cream cheese, salt and pepper to tase, the minced onion and the cilantro.
- Soften the tortillas using oil, broth, or whatever method you prefer.
- Fill with the chicken-cheese mixture, roll up and place in 9 x 13 pan, seam side down.
- Mix the soups and half-n-half (for this amount, I would use one can of soup and one Celsius half-n-half, but this is the way the recipe came to me)and chilies, if using, and pour over the enchiladas.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until it bubbles.