Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not sure where the original recipie or name came from, but my mom has been making it since I was little and its a favorite.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs of bone in chicken pieces
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix, stove top (I use kraft stove top cornbread flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (for stuffing)
- 4 tablespoons butter (for stuffing)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Boil chicken and bullion cubes in water for 20- 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow chicken to cool.
- While chicken is cooling, make stuffing according to the directions on the box, replacing the water with chicken broth. Set aside.
- Shred chicken, discard bones, and place in mixing bowl.
- Add sour cream and cream of chicken soup until combined.
- Transfer into 2.5 qt casserole dish and top evenly with stuffing.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 375 for 30- 45 mins,.