Recipe by akgrown
This is my favorite chicken pasta salad! The tangy dried cranberries and crunchy cashews combine wonderfully in a creamy pasta salad that is substantial enough for a main dish or perfect as a summer side dish. It is pretty enough for company and can be made up to a day a head. We served this as a side dish at our summer wedding reception five years ago and I still get compliments.
Top Review by SVELTE
Superb! Indeed our new favorite chicken pasta salad. The BF ate 4 bowls and it was hilarious to watch!! After having been indoctrinated into the 'grapes in salads are NOT weird' club we're all about that sweet snap now. I did make my own slaw dressing, but otherwise prepared just as written. Cannot wait to make again.
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 6 cups bow tie pasta, cooked al-dente
- 1 1⁄2 cups green grapes, sliced in half
- 1 1⁄2 cups red grapes, sliced in half
- 2 (5 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained and quartered
- 1 (10 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, thinly sliced (green onions)
- 2 cups cashews, whole and halves
- 2 cups craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottlehidden valley brand coleslaw dressing
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix all salad ingredients together, except cashews and Craisins.
- Whip together Dressing ingredients. Toss dressing with the mixture in the large bowl.
- Let this mixture marinate in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
- Mix in cashews and Craisins just before serving. Serve cold.
- *Note: You could use almonds instead of cashews, but I prefer the cashews. You could also use a different brand of coleslaw dressing, but I've had the best results with Hidden Valley brand. *.