Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This is my favorite chicken pasta salad! The tangy dried cranberries and crunchy cashews combine wonderfully in a creamy pasta salad that is substantial enough for a main dish or perfect as a summer side dish. It is pretty enough for company and can be made up to a day a head. We served this as a side dish at our summer wedding reception five years ago and I still get compliments.
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 6 cups bow tie pasta, cooked al-dente
- 1 1⁄2 cups green grapes, sliced in half
- 1 1⁄2 cups red grapes, sliced in half
- 2 (5 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained and quartered
- 1 (10 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, thinly sliced (green onions)
- 2 cups cashews, whole and halves
- 2 cups craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottlehidden valley brand coleslaw dressing
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- In a large bowl mix all salad ingredients together, except cashews and Craisins.
- Whip together Dressing ingredients. Toss dressing with the mixture in the large bowl.
- Let this mixture marinate in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
- Mix in cashews and Craisins just before serving. Serve cold.
- *Note: You could use almonds instead of cashews, but I prefer the cashews. You could also use a different brand of coleslaw dressing, but I've had the best results with Hidden Valley brand. *.
Superb! Indeed our new favorite chicken pasta salad. The BF ate 4 bowls and it was hilarious to watch!! After having been indoctrinated into the 'grapes in salads are NOT weird' club we're all about that sweet snap now. I did make my own slaw dressing, but otherwise prepared just as written. Cannot wait to make again.
Super! New favorite chicken salad. Love the flavor variety with all of the different fruits/vegs & textures. The addition of the pasta makes this chicken salad really economical & be ready...this makes alot. Followed instructions and it was great!
Excellent! Will make this again! Used all ingredients listed, and it was great.