12 hrs 30 mins
This is my favorite chicken pasta salad! The tangy dried cranberries and crunchy cashews combine wonderfully in a creamy pasta salad that is substantial enough for a main dish or perfect as a summer side dish. It is pretty enough for company and can be made up to a day a head. We served this as a side dish at our summer wedding reception five years ago and I still get compliments.
My Private Note
main di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 6 cups bow tie pasta, cooked al-dente
- 1 1/2 cups green grapes, sliced in half
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, sliced in half
- 2 (5 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained and quartered
- 1 (10 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup scallion, thinly sliced (green onions)
- 2 cups cashews, whole and halves
- 2 cups craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1In a large bowl mix all salad ingredients together, except cashews and Craisins.
- 2Whip together Dressing ingredients. Toss dressing with the mixture in the large bowl.
- 3Let this mixture marinate in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
- 4Mix in cashews and Craisins just before serving. Serve cold.
- 5*Note: You could use almonds instead of cashews, but I prefer the cashews. You could also use a different brand of coleslaw dressing, but I've had the best results with Hidden Valley brand. *.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Craisin, and Cashew Bow-Tie Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (3274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.5
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.1 mg
- Sodium 376.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 12.9 g