Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this in the hot bar at Whole Foods and couldn't find a recipe, so I adapted one.
Make and share this Chicken Crab Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the chicken (I use tenderlions and sauté them in a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil).
- In 3 quart or larger sauce pan, sauté onion in 2 tbsp butter until tender at a medium heat. Add the chicken, crab, artichokes, parsley, salt and paprika. Stir occasionally until everything is hot.
- Mix in the cheese; I didn't have room in my 3 quart pan to add the cheese, so I layered cheese and the contents of the pan in the baking dish and mixed it up there.
- Put the contents of the pan into the baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 3 tbsp butter and stir it into the bread crumbs so that they are a little moist and stick together. Sprinkle over the baking dish and bake uncovered until bread crumbs are golden (about 10 minutes).
Made this for the first time and made a few slight adjustments. I used imitation crab and 2% mexican cheese. It was very good and very easy to make - will definitely make again! Next time I might try garlic and herb bread crumbs or add a little minced garlic when cooking the onions (I can't seem to cook w/out garlic!). Thanks for sharing!!
im glad you adapted this its good thanks dee