Recipe by Tina Lynn
Super Easy. Couscous turns out a pretty orange color in the tomato oil. Could replace chicken with tender beef or pork strips.
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
This was good! I sauteed the onions and mushrooms in a bit of butter/oil mix before adding the garlic and sage, and then the chicken. I opted to use chicken broth and white wine mix for the couscous. It was nice and easy to make, but we were hoping for just a bit more flavor... I would definitely put more sun dried tomatoes next time since that is where a lot of the flavor is.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small yellow onion, coursely chopped
- 5 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (in oil)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (or broth, or water or white wine mix)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken, mushrooms, onion, garlic, sage in oil over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes to chicken mix.
- set aside.
- Boil water, add butter, and remove from heat.
- Add couscous.
- Add couscous to chicken mix and mix well or serve chicken mix over a bed of couscous.