This is an easy and low fat salad, it's great alternative to a rice or pasta salad, goes great with a BBQ. Prep time includes 1 hour chilling time. If desired the recipe may be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (good also) or 2 cups seafood (good also) or 2 cups ham (good also)
- 1/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or 1/8 teaspoon fresh minced garlic, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 1 1/4 cups chopped peeled cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped onion (red onion is best, but white may be used)
- 1/4-1/2 cup currants
- 1 (11 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained (can use frozen, or left-over cut off kernels from grilled corn on the cob)
- 1Bring 1/2 cup water to boil (can use sodium-free chicken broth instead of water) in a micowave-safe bowl.
- 2Stir in the coucous; cover, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- 3Uncover; fluff with a fork, cover and chill in the refrigerator until cold.
- 4In a bowl, combine vinegar, and the next 7 ingredients (oil through the garlic),; stir well with a whisk.
- 5Remove the cold coucous from the fridge.
- 6Add in the remaining ingredients to the coucous; mix well Add in the dressing, and mix/toss again.
- 7Return to the fridge for 1 hour to combine the flavors before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Couscous Salad
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 178.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 15.3 g