Recipe by DeSouter
I picked this recipe up from the NY Daily News and was so incredibly pleased with the outcome. I hope you like it, as well. The couscous is snap to make and the crunchiness of the veggies and slight chunkiness of the chicken make for a good variety of textures. This is a great dish for a party, for lunches or for a quick, tasty dinner.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped kirby cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup seeded chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup sliced radish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 white wine or 1⁄2 white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (up to 2 tsp.)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dressing ingredients and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Boil broth, gradually stirring in couscous.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Place in a large bowl and cool slightly.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Toss with dressing.