Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Chicken Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 8 ounces shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup couscous
- Heat oil, add onion and saute 3 minutes.
- season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet. and saute.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, spices, the carrots, raisins and couscous.
- Bring to boiling and turn off and let rest for 5 minutes.
Wonderful dish! Thank you so much!
I loved this!! I had been wanting to try couscous for awhile when I came across this recipe. I'm glad I found it, very nice flavors and quite easy/quick to make.