Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A really good recipe from a really good friend.
Make and share this Chicken, Courgette and Mushroom Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 large courgette, sliced and cut in to quarters
- 1 -2 onion, chopped
- 6 -8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- Fry in ghee (or oil) the onions, when soft add the tomatoes, turn up the heat and stir/break down the mix. Use a hand blender if you want a smooth consistency.
- Add the spices, salt and contine to stir.
- Add the chicken, stir until chicken turns white, then add the courgettes.
- Keep cooking until the chicken is almost cooked.
- Add the mushrooms. Then check taste first, (may be a slight bitter taste, if so add sugar to taste).
- Add cream-check consistency and taste.
- Serve with basmati rice and/or nan bread.
This was very tasty. I used half & half instead of double cream since that was what I had at the time and used a bit of cornstarch to thicken the sauce and it came out flavorful yet mild enough so my toddler can eat it. Will save this recipe.
this was brilliant. we didn't have the double cream in it but had some yogart on the side. real comfort food :)