Recipe by Ailsa of New Zealand
A really good recipe from a really good friend.
Top Review by alauranoelle
This was very tasty. I used half & half instead of double cream since that was what I had at the time and used a bit of cornstarch to thicken the sauce and it came out flavorful yet mild enough so my toddler can eat it. Will save this recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 large courgette, sliced and cut in to quarters
- 1 -2 onion, chopped
- 6 -8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry in ghee (or oil) the onions, when soft add the tomatoes, turn up the heat and stir/break down the mix. Use a hand blender if you want a smooth consistency.
- Add the spices, salt and contine to stir.
- Add the chicken, stir until chicken turns white, then add the courgettes.
- Keep cooking until the chicken is almost cooked.
- Add the mushrooms. Then check taste first, (may be a slight bitter taste, if so add sugar to taste).
- Add cream-check consistency and taste.
- Serve with basmati rice and/or nan bread.