crazy crafter's Note:
Scones made with chicken bouillion and cornmeal...actually made this by mistake...was trying to make homemade dog biscuits for my pooch...they literally turned out like scone biscuits...and taste sooooo good! I'm even thinking of adding cheese next time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven for 400 degrees farenheit.
- 2Mix all of the ingredients in large bowl, except for the 1 cup flour and 1 cup self rising corn meal mix at the end - set these aside, and blend until a soft dough forms.
- 3slowly add in more flour from the flour that has been set aside, and knead into the soft dough until a firmer dough forms and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- 4fold out onto corn meal mix dusted surface (use from the cup of mix that was set aside) and sprinkle with more of the corn meal mix.
- 5roll out to 1/2" thickness sprinkling more of the corn meal mix onto the dough surface as needed to prevent your rolling pin from sticking.
- 6use biscuit cutter or coffe cup and cut out your biscuits and put them onto a cookie sheet dusted with corn meal mix and bake until golden brown and then enjoy.
- 7you can also add cranberries, onions, or cheese to this too and can omit the bouillion if you want to make it sweet, add 1 cup of sugar and 2Tbs.vanilla extract instead and add your other ingredients you want to use -- i.e. chocolate chips, fruit, etc --.
- 8the serving size and yields are approximate depending on what size biscuit cutter or shape you use -- .
- 9And if you want to make a biscuit for your pooch - get regular corn meal and replace the self-rising corn meal mix with this and roll out very thin and cut the biscuits out with bone,star or, round shaped small cutters and bake until very light brown and let cool overnight to make them hard -- or you can then put them back into the oven after coating them with egg whites and baking it on for a few minutes on a lower temp until glossy if you want but it's not necessary -- p.s. my dog loved these too -- .
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cornmeal Scones
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.1
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 2287.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
onion and garlic powder