Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy, classic favorite with little bites of chicken and three kinds of corn!
- 907.18 g carton chicken broth
- 473.18 ml water
- 2 piece boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 283.49 g package white corn, frozen
- 283.49 g package corn, frozen
- 396.89 g can cream-style corn
- 236.59 ml flour
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large stock pot, place chicken breasts in water and cook thoroughly. Remove from water and set aside to cool. Add chicken broth to remaining water (about 2 cups should remain) and add white and yellow corn. While corn is warming, make rivvels.
- Crack egg into bowl with a pouring spout. Whisk briskly adding 1/4 cup cool water. Add flour to make a thin batter consistency. Set aside. Chop the cooled chicken into small diced pieces.
- Bring broth/corn mixture to a slow, rolling boil. Once boiling, slowly pour in the rivvel batter, stirring constantly with a spoon. After batter is added, pour in the cream style corn and diced chicken. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for additional 10 minutes. Serve piping hot with a dot of butter.