Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe from "A Taste of Guam", a cookbook written be a local Guamanian, Paula Quinene. Just thought I would share.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 7 boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans sweet corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- In a large pot, on medium heat, melt the butter. Saute the onions until translucent. Add the chicken and saute until cooked completely. Sprinkle in the flour, and combine well.
- Add the chicken broth and stir well. Pour in the cream of mushroom soup. Using the same can, fill with water and add to pot. Using a whisk, combine well.
- Add the salt, pepper, and accent to taste. Add the corn and coconut milk. Continue to cook for about 10 minutes, but DO NOT let boil.
This is one of my family's favorite recipes! I have never made it with the cream of mushroom soup and flour, but that sounds like a great addition. We even have that cookbook, I have just never used a recipe for this; we make it so much ;) Will be trying this version soon!