Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this out of an authentic civil war cookbook.
- 1 roasting chicken, cut in pieces
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt & pepper
- 12 ears corn, cut from cob
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- noodles (optional)
- Wash chicken & place in kettle. Add enough water to cover. Boil until tender. Remove chicken from broth & pick meat from bones.
- Return meat to broth. Add celery, parsley, corn & seasonings. Add noodles(if desired).
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add hard-cooked eggs & cook for 5 more minutes.