Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a cookbook that I got as an engagement gift in 1967. It is from the McCall's Cookbook that was published in 1963. My copy actually fell apart and I had to get another copy on-line. I thought I was a gourmet cook when I made this and so did Peter Pan and our friends who I served it to.
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 354.88 ml precooked rice, like Minute Rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 2.46 ml salt, I don't use because the bouillon is salty enough
- 141.74 g can boneless chicken, chopped
- 198.44 g can corn, drained
- 29.58 ml pimientos, I don't use
- Melt butter in medium skillet.
- Saute rice, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Cook tightly covered over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve with sliced tomatoes, if desired.